The Orange Technical Academy
As an ICT Software Engineer, you develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Depending on the Dutch company where you will do your internship, you will specialize in a specific direction.
You do an internship at a Dutch company, where you can learn all the ins & outs of the profession of an ICT Software Engineer. A few examples: the software engineer
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
Your qualifications comprise some of the following
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Some professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java or C++, and object-oriented design skills
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- An internship of 6 to 9 months in The Netherlands
- Travel expenses covered
- A weekly allowance
- Guidance and coaching
- Additional education if needed
- A company where you can do your internship
- All the tools to do your internship well, healthily and safely
- An informal working atmosphere
The possibility of a labour contract after the internship