As an ICT Software Engineer, you develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Depending on the Dutch company where you will do your internship, you will specialize in a specific direction.
You do an internship at a Dutch company, where you can learn all the ins & outs of the profession of an ICT Software Engineer. A few examples: the software engineer
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
Your qualifications comprise some of the following
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Some professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java or C++, and object-oriented design skills
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- An internship of 6 to 9 months in The Netherlands
- Travel expenses covered
- A weekly allowance
- Guidance and coaching
- Additional education if needed
- A company where you can do your internship
- All the tools to do your internship well, healthily and safely
- An informal working atmosphere
The possibility of a labour contract after the internship